Kale + Chocolate Vegan Cheesecake with Moon Tea
Who doesn’t like taking their tea with cake?!! Only @biddieclub we like to take things superfood and pack ours full to the brim with plants!
Our first ever “Tea Pairing”... Kale Chocolate Vegan Cheesecake with Moon Tea. Inspired by the most talented @nirvanacakery✨ We spent the past few hours devouring this gorgie kale cheesecake set on a cashew, date, walnut + pumpkin seed base with our monthly hit of Moon Tea.
Kale + most leafy greens are full of calcium which has been proven to help relieve menstrual cramps. They also contain high quantities of vitamin E, B6 + magnesium which provides the body enough energy to fight off stomach pains. If your bleed is extra painful, increase your intake of greens!
Try at home —
👉🏽for the base layer:
60g pumpkin seeds
2tbsp raw cacao powder
Pinch of sea salt
6 medjool dates, pitted
2tsp coconut oil
👉🏽 Kale layer:
50g - 100g kale, hard stems removed
1 apple, cored + quartered
200g cashews, soaked
80ml maple syrup
zest of 1 lemon
juice of 1 lemon
60ml almond milk
200g coconut butter/cream
1. Prepare 9” tart tin
2. Place walnuts + pumpkin seeds into a food processor + pulse a few times. Add cacao, cinnamon, salt + dates. Blend until the mixture comes together. Add coconut oil + blend again until you have a sticky mix when pressed together.
3. Spoon the crust mix into the tart tin, spread evenly onto the base and around the edges to create the crust. Place into fridge while making the kale layer.
4. In a double boiler gently melt coconut butter and set aside.
5. Rinse the soaked cashews under running water and place into high speed blender. Add kale, apple, maple syrup, lemon zest and juice + almond milk. Blend until smooth. Add melted coconut butter and blend until just incorporated.
6. Spoon onto the crust layer and smooth out the top.
7. Place in the freezer for at least a couple hours or overnight to set.
8. Once set carefully remove the tin.
9. Place onto a serving dish and decorate to your liking.
10. Leave to thaw before serving
11. Store in a fridge or freezer.
Moon Tea is a 100% natural herbal infusion period tea made to consume throughout your period and during your menstrual cycle. It has 7x natural plant-powered active ingredients to help improve your period symptoms and menstruation problems. You can learn more about Moon Tea here.